- Ageing is a natural process that everybody goes through, over time wrinkles can develop as our skin loses it’s elasticity
Wrinkles can become prominent on the face, making us look more tired, angry and older than we actually are. People want to look and feel good as they grow older, one way of achieving this is to remove or soften the appearance of these wrinkles. At the Runway, alongside our other cosmetic services we are now offering anti-wrinkle injections, also commonly known by the brand name Botox
- What is Botox?
- Botox is a brand name for botulinum toxin. It’s mode of action is by relaxing the muscles that it is injected into. The effects of botulinum toxin are reversible and last approximately 3-4 months (dependent on individuals)with repeat treatments lasting longer
- What is involved in the treatment:
- The Runway offers free consultation with our Doctor who can advise you which treatment will be suitable for your needs and recommend which areas to be treated. Our Doctor will also carry out the treatment. The treatment is very simple and consists of a few small injections to relax the muscles of the face.We use very small needles and most people find that the procedure is easy to tolerate with minimal or no pain. Our staff aims to offer you a tailored treatment plan to help you achieve the enhancement you hope for. After the treatment you still be able to carry on with our day, no recovery time is needed.
- How long will it take to work:
- You will be able to notice a difference after 2-3 days with peak effect at 2 weeks post treatment.
- Are there any side effects:
- Most side effects, if they occur, are usually temporary and self resolve. Side effects may include headache, pain and bruising at injection site, redness and swelling. Our Doctor will go through these with you in more detail.
- Areas that can be treated:
- Frown lines: lines between the eye brows. Forehead lines: lines across the forehead. Crows feet: lines around the eyes.
- Who shouldn’t have this treatment:
- This treatment is contraindicated in patients who have disease that affect muscle activity such as myasthenia gravis or Eaton Lambert syndrome. You should avoid this treatment if you are
- Pregnant or breast feeding.
- If your are trying for a baby it would also be advisable to delay any cosmetic treatment.
- You shouldn’t have this treatment if you are taking any medicine which causes relaxation of muscles.
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”Anti Wrinkle”]
[RICH_REVIEWS_SHOW category=”foo”][RICH_REVIEWS_FORM category=”Anti Wrinkle”]